Restorative Justice Fund is a nonprofit serving as an incubator to implement restorative justice methods.
I worked with them to optimize website through research, strategy, and testing. 
Goals
Grow the user base Communicate RJF goals, increase email newsletter sign-ups
Grow the foundation Increase donations through the website
Strategy
Employing "Pirate Metrics" and LIFT model, I sought to grow RJF by user acquisition to drive conversion.
In a study of Non-Profit websites conducted by the Nielsen Norman Group, the two main factors that contribute to users being turned off to donating are 
1. Unclear statements of how donations are being used, and;
2. Usability issues with the website. 
Urgent Call To Action
For many non-profit websites, a Donate button is usually placed at the end of a F pattern reading line - to attract attention and increase conversion. 
Boxed in Red, examples of striking Calls to Action
Put into Action
Left Before change                                                                    Right After change
Donate visits increased 56%.
Restructure Information Architecture
In research conducted at the Nielsen Norman Group, 47% of the study were turned off to donating because of "usability issues relating to page and site design, including unintuitive information architecture, cluttered pages, and confusing workflow."
Objective: Strip down the information of the website into two functions:
1. Learning, and 
2. Get Involved
We restructured the project pages to fit under the Information Hierarchy of Learning.
We also restructured the Get Involved actions to clearer CTAs on the page as buttons - DONATE and SUBSCRIBE.
Metrics
I used Squarespace Analytics and Hotjar to measure metrics.
The growth measured here reflects visibility of the campaign.
Specific values redacted in interest of privacy for client.
I used Hotjar to track the number of actions taken, measured at intervals between design changes. 
I tracked the growth of Donate clicks, Subscribe, and visits to RJF projects. With the use of User Interviews and Contextual Inquiry, I was able to gain insight into how the user learns about the organization.
Happy Ending
RJF Spring Campaign led to over $10,000 in their fundraising campaign.
Back to Top